Know your History

The internet has always been social. These "emerging medias" have been around longer than most even know. It takes time for these things to pick up momentum. When I look at emerging medias I want to see something brand new. Things that have never before been possible. Of course integrating technology is crucial to creating new medias, but if that's where it starts and stops...

There is a ton of hype around social media right now but I think we're in for some changes. Many young people are rejecting social media and living their lives in reality vs digitally. No time for cameras, Using their eyes instead.

I Understand the importance of social media, It's a big part of what I do for a living, But when it starts to separate people instead of bring them together, people will begin to reject it. I think that social medias will become more direct and shift towards applications like KIK, a direct messenger. It's purpose will be communication, to bring people together, where they can put their phones away and actually interact.

I will be doing a series of posts on Emerging media as it relates to Advertising, over the next several weeks. I'll do damnedest to keep it away from social media, and bring into something tangible, things that actually exist.

Check out this infographic from CopyBlogger


Blogger Fail, Doesn't get any bigger. Just follow the link.


2 comments

2 comments :

  1. Aren't you that social media guy? Well, I think that most of what you said is true but I disagree with "social media seperating" everyone. True, most of my generation has fallen off the bandwagon but there's still the younger generations and much older older generations to consider. A lot of them rely on social media to "connect" with others. My grandma and 20 year sister are my examples. It's sad to say that most of the younger generation only know how to be social is through digital. So, I think that maybe what's next is just finding the right media to capture the decreasing audience. Idk... Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the infographic, it really helps tell the story. I not convinced yet that people are going away from social media, I think they are looking at it differently and looking at different ways in which to use it. I think companies aren’t using it to their fullest potential and a way that can work for them. The older generation of advertisers are still looking at these new mediums the same way they look at TV commercials, radio, print etc. and they just can’t do that.

    ReplyDelete