Shark Week Round-Up

SHARK WEEK!



This Southern Comfort X Shark Week ad had me rolling. I've yet to see a SoCo ad I don't like.

Last year's Shark week was watched by an average of 2.1 million views in prime time, with 29 million tuning in to the network at some point to see what all the hype was about. It was the most watched programming of ages 18-49, beating all other broadcasts that week. Shark Week is quickly becoming an advertising event to align with. A sort of Shark Super Bowl. A Super Bowl of Shark Soup, Extra Ads for me please.



2 comments

2 comments :

  1. I completely agree with you. Shark Week has been an mass explosion through social media lately. It's "the thing" that most people are excited and talking about. First we had this huge craze for zombies and now I think we've moved on to sharks. It's definitely a time for agencies to take advantage of the huge craze and following that leads to more exposure for a company/brand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swwwweeeet!! Love this and Shark Week! Love that you wrote about this!!!! I have been watching it all week and it is AWE-SOME!!! I did see the first commercial for like a whole month before shark week started on almost every channel. I love how they redid the Discovery channel logo at the bottom just for this event and I did watch Shark After Dark all week. The Southern Comfort commercial was kind of off for me. Happy they attempted to try and make a commercial based on this event but I feel like Im missing something by the song they went with. Is there something I don't know? lol I remember watching it for the first time on Shark After Dark and was kind of disgusted how she put it in her mouth.. haha I don't know. Southern Comfort also sends a bad feeling in my stomach but like I said, I loved that they did a collaboration with Shark Week. So thumbs up from me. Oh before I forget, the first commercial just did a remake but with Rob Lowe. Its a lot better ;) So SHARKY!!

    http://youtu.be/cQHqh1zd0dc

    ReplyDelete