The Advertising Observer

I came across a study today from Consumer Reports that said the average person comes across up to 3000 advertisements a day. I think most people are totally blind to these ads. They don't even really register. Some of these ads, however, can totally alter a persons opinion. Some ads leave a lasting impact on our culture. Most of them though, just add to the clutter.

I study these advertisements, legitimately look at them, and try to figure out what they were thinking when they made it. I can't ignore them, I'm constantly observing them. Through this blog I hope to pick some of the ads that made an impression on me, and at the same time absolutely bash the bad ones.



4 comments

4 comments :

  1. Yes, this blog seems to be particularly bloggy to me. I am looking forward to getting some insight on some awful advertising in the most candid and unfiltered way possible! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Zephan, can you include a link to the Consumer Reports article as well?

    BTW, great blog name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first thing that comes to mind is, "you would!" lol I imagined some evil laughter behind that last sentence. Pretty awesome!! I feel like we'll be seeing a lot more bad than good. I'm with you though on all the Ads I come across. My eyes are forever open and a commercial is never just a commercial but a "wait, don't change it!!" Great idea Z.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, looking forward to your unfiltered point-of-view on the upcoming featured advertising examples.

    ReplyDelete